Thinly sliced potatoes are tossed with oil, salt and pepper then baked to crispy perfection in this pretty side dish.
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound small Yukon Gold potatoes, very thinly sliced
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Toss potato slices with the remaining 3 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the potato slices in an overlapping 10-inch circle on the prepared baking sheet, forming a layered potato cake. Bake until tender and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
Per serving: 124 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 145 mg sodium; 621 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique