My new favourite way to eat kale! I was only able to find spicy turkey sausage, so that's what I used. I kept the skins on the potatoes and cubed instead of slicing them. I added a little cayenne for extra heat. I was amazed at how flavourful and delicious this soup turned out!
Portuguese Potato & Kale Soup
Collard or mustard greens can be substituted for the kale in this flavorful soup.
2 Reviews for Portuguese Potato & Kale Soup
This looks like a good recipe, and I will try it. Unfortunately, I'm quite surprised that anyone would call this PORTUGUESE Potato & Kale Soup, and then require Chorizo as an ingredient ... ??? That is culturally insensitive. Kinda funny though ... the recipe is noted at the bottom that Chorizo is of Mexican background ...!?! Why not call it Mexican Potato and Kale Soup (or substitute a different green)? Then you could post this recipe with LINGUICA as the meat ingredient because it is a meat that Portuguese people eat with traditional soups and stews,etc.
With the Linguica included, this will truly have a Portuguese flavor and be VERY tasty -- not necessarily better than Chorizo ... just different and authentic as a Portuguese dish!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)