Very easy and very good! Need a little bit harder of a bun though I think - I used whole wheat sub rolls.
Portobello "Philly Cheese Steak" Sandwich
Cheese steaks are a Philadelphia tradition: thin slices from a rich and very fatty slab of beef, fried up and topped with a heavy cheese sauce. We've cut down on the fat considerably - but not on the taste. All it needs is a cold beer or a glass of pinot noir on the side. Make this vegetarian by using vegetable broth in place of chicken stock.
49 Reviews for Portobello "Philly Cheese Steak" Sandwich
WOW!!! My hubby and I are trying to forgo meat in an effort to be healthier and this recipe really caught my eye. Made it tonight with sliced orange pepper, added shredded fresh spinach and skipped the flour- all we can say is WOW! Delicious, yummy and we'll definitely make this one over and over again! Next time we'll add some sliced hot cherry peppers... Oh the possibilities!
My husband and I loved this recipe! He has an aversion to mushrooms so I made a chicken breast for him, but included a few of the portobello's and he actually liked them. Next time I think I'll go completely meat-free since I've warmed him up to the idea. The peppers turn out amazing in this!
These are delicious!!!! Both my husband and I loved them.....great flavor, low calorie, and we never missed the meat. They make a great snack or lunch.
My husband and I loved this recipe. After trying this recipe, my husband says he may become vegetarian. We did not miss the beef and/or chicken.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)