Amazing. Better than a restaurant. I made it with garlic fries on the side. I used regular mushrooms because portabello were really expensive and it was good. I also served it on a baguette. This helped keep everything together and compact. My partner strongly approved also so I'll be making this many more times~
Portobello "Philly Cheese Steak" Sandwich
Cheese steaks are a Philadelphia tradition: thin slices from a rich and very fatty slab of beef, fried up and topped with a heavy cheese sauce. We've cut down on the fat considerably - but not on the taste. All it needs is a cold beer or a glass of pinot noir on the side. Make this vegetarian by using vegetable broth in place of chicken stock.
49 Reviews for Portobello "Philly Cheese Steak" Sandwich
These were delish! Quick and easy :) I used whole fat provolone 1oz per sandwich and whole wheat bread. Next time I'll try the roll. I usually hate oregano and I was a little wary of the soy but oh wow, everything blended together beautifully. I also used baby portabello because that is what was in the fridge. Just Perfect!
Really good stuff! Included green bell pepper. Added green chilis and a little red pepper flake. Definitely a keeper!
Such a great recipe that is cheap and easy to make. I added some hatch green chilies to give it a little kick and made some yukon gold fries in the oven and wow!! delicious meal!
Love it. It tastes great.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)