Only change I made was instead of the flour, stock and soy I made it a bit more decadent and used a bit of philadelphia cream cheese. So delightful!
Portobello "Philly Cheese Steak" Sandwich
Cheese steaks are a Philadelphia tradition: thin slices from a rich and very fatty slab of beef, fried up and topped with a heavy cheese sauce. We've cut down on the fat considerably - but not on the taste. All it needs is a cold beer or a glass of pinot noir on the side. Make this vegetarian by using vegetable broth in place of chicken stock.
49 Reviews for Portobello "Philly Cheese Steak" Sandwich
Made this tonight and it was a hit! The only thing I did was used more cheese.
This is one amazing sandwich. The portobello mushrooms are so meaty and substantial, and the flavors of this recipe combine so well together. This definitely tastes like a guilty-pleasure sandwich, but there's no need for guilt. This is being added as one of my go-to low-cal recipes.
This was so quick and easy to make. I didn't change anything (except I may have added more cheese, I didn't measure it). My non-vegetarian family loved it, and even though I'm not really a fan of mushrooms, I loved it too. The oregano was a little strong, so next time I may do 1.5 tsp instead of 2 of the dry.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)