Pork Tenderloin with Prune-Ginger Sauce
Fresh ginger and ginger beer are a double-hit of flavor in this simple sauce. Make it a meal: Serve with rice pilaf and roasted green beans.
- 2 tablespoons instant or all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons curry powder, preferably Madras, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 12 medallions
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into fine julienne
- 1 1/4 cups ginger beer, or ginger ale
- 1/3 cup pitted prunes, quartered
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine flour, 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, salt and cayenne in a shallow pan. Dredge pork lightly in flour mixture. Discard any remaining flour mixture.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until golden outside and faintly pink inside, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ginger beer (or ginger ale), prunes and remaining 1/2 teaspoon curry powder; bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce heat to medium and cook until prunes are tender and liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream and any accumulated juices from the pork. Gently heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange pork on plates and spoon sauce over. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 312 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 90 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 33 g protein; 1 g fiber; 382 mg sodium; 631 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (80% daily value), Zinc (21% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrates, 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique