Pork Tenderloin with Prune-Ginger Sauce
Fresh ginger and ginger beer are a double-hit of flavor in this simple sauce. Make it a meal: Serve with rice pilaf and roasted green beans.
- 2 tablespoons instant or all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons curry powder, preferably Madras, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 12 medallions
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into fine julienne
- 1 1/4 cups ginger beer, or ginger ale
- 1/3 cup pitted prunes, quartered
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine flour, 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, salt and cayenne in a shallow pan. Dredge pork lightly in flour mixture. Discard any remaining flour mixture.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook until golden outside and faintly pink inside, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add ginger beer (or ginger ale), prunes and remaining 1/2 teaspoon curry powder; bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Reduce heat to medium and cook until prunes are tender and liquid is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream and any accumulated juices from the pork. Gently heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange pork on plates and spoon sauce over. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 312 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 90 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 33 g protein; 1 g fiber; 382 mg sodium; 631 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (80% daily value), Zinc (21% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrates, 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique