Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Peach-Ginger Chutney
Fruit on the grill is a wonderful pleasure - the natural sugars caramelize as the juices are seared inside. Combined in a ginger sauce, grilled peaches are a fantastic condiment for pork.
- 2 medium peaches
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1-1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Preheat grill to high.
- Peel peaches (see Tip). Cut in half and remove the pits. Brush the cut sides with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Brush pork with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill the pork, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 160°F, 14 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the peaches, cut-side down, on the grill rack. Grill, turning occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the pork and peaches to a cutting board. Let the peaches cool slightly while the pork rests.
- Whisk ginger, brown sugar, vinegar and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Chop the peaches and add them to the ginger sauce; stir to combine. Slice the pork on the diagonal into 8 pieces. Serve topped with the peach chutney.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To peel peaches: Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Immerse peaches in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and plunge into a bowl of ice water to cool slightly. Transfer to a cutting board. Remove the skins with a paring knife.
Per serving: 249 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 79 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 1 g fiber; 275 mg sodium; 591 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (68% daily value), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat