Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Peach-Ginger Chutney
Fruit on the grill is a wonderful pleasure - the natural sugars caramelize as the juices are seared inside. Combined in a ginger sauce, grilled peaches are a fantastic condiment for pork.
- 2 medium peaches
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1-1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Preheat grill to high.
- Peel peaches (see Tip). Cut in half and remove the pits. Brush the cut sides with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Brush pork with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill the pork, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 160°F, 14 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the peaches, cut-side down, on the grill rack. Grill, turning occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the pork and peaches to a cutting board. Let the peaches cool slightly while the pork rests.
- Whisk ginger, brown sugar, vinegar and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Chop the peaches and add them to the ginger sauce; stir to combine. Slice the pork on the diagonal into 8 pieces. Serve topped with the peach chutney.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To peel peaches: Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Immerse peaches in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and plunge into a bowl of ice water to cool slightly. Transfer to a cutting board. Remove the skins with a paring knife.
Per serving: 249 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 79 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 1 g fiber; 275 mg sodium; 591 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (68% daily value), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique