Pork Tenderloin with Grilled Peach-Ginger Chutney
Fruit on the grill is a wonderful pleasure - the natural sugars caramelize as the juices are seared inside. Combined in a ginger sauce, grilled peaches are a fantastic condiment for pork.
- 2 medium peaches
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1-1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Preheat grill to high.
- Peel peaches (see Tip). Cut in half and remove the pits. Brush the cut sides with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Brush pork with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill the pork, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 160°F, 14 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the peaches, cut-side down, on the grill rack. Grill, turning occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the pork and peaches to a cutting board. Let the peaches cool slightly while the pork rests.
- Whisk ginger, brown sugar, vinegar and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Chop the peaches and add them to the ginger sauce; stir to combine. Slice the pork on the diagonal into 8 pieces. Serve topped with the peach chutney.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To peel peaches: Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Immerse peaches in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and plunge into a bowl of ice water to cool slightly. Transfer to a cutting board. Remove the skins with a paring knife.
Per serving: 249 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 79 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 1 g fiber; 275 mg sodium; 591 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (68% daily value), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat