Pork Tenderloin Southern Style
Homemade barbecue sauce glazes lean pork tenderloins in this simple dish. Serve with black beans and rice.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 3/4-pound pork tenderloins, trimmed
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño and garlic; sauté until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add molasses, vinegar, mustard and soy sauce; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until quite thick, about 7 minutes.
- Rub tenderloins generously with black pepper. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tenderloins and cook, turning, until well browned on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush the pork generously with some of the barbecue sauce. Place the skillet in the oven and roast for 7 minutes. Turn over the tenderloins and brush them with remaining sauce and roast for 7 to 8 minutes more, or until the internal temperature is 160°F. Let the pork rest for 5 minutes. Carve into 3/4-inch-thick slices and serve.
Per serving: 185 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 74 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 174 mg sodium; 682 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (19% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Everyday favorites
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient