Pork Tenderloin Southern Style
Homemade barbecue sauce glazes lean pork tenderloins in this simple dish. Serve with black beans and rice.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 3/4-pound pork tenderloins, trimmed
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño and garlic; sauté until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add molasses, vinegar, mustard and soy sauce; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until quite thick, about 7 minutes.
- Rub tenderloins generously with black pepper. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a medium ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tenderloins and cook, turning, until well browned on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush the pork generously with some of the barbecue sauce. Place the skillet in the oven and roast for 7 minutes. Turn over the tenderloins and brush them with remaining sauce and roast for 7 to 8 minutes more, or until the internal temperature is 160°F. Let the pork rest for 5 minutes. Carve into 3/4-inch-thick slices and serve.
Per serving: 185 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 74 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 174 mg sodium; 682 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (19% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Main Ingredient
- Everyday favorites
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat