I made this tonight for my husband and I for dinner - it looked and tasted like a high-end restaurant meal! It requires a little planning, takes a bit of time, and the pomegranate molassas might be difficult to find for some (incidentally, the Adrianna's Caravan web site has been closed, but Kalustyan's, (212) 685-3451, kalustyans.com is still up & running...I found it at Bristol Farms), but BOY is this dish worth it!! I will be making this again & definately for company!! Really delicious!! I made it exactly according to the recipe without any changes. For the pomegranate juice, I used POM Wonderful. You'll love this!!
Pork Roast with Walnut-Pomegranate Filling
From EatingWell: Fall 2003
Pomegranates become available in late fall just in time to grace holiday tables—all too often as decorations. For this festive roast the fruit is used in three forms: as a thick, sweet molasses for the filling plus whole seeds and juice for the sauce. Slicing through the roast reveals a colorful pinwheel of crushed walnuts mixed with the pomegranate molasses.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)