This was a delicious, hearty meal that I'll be making again, especially with cooler weather coming. I used chilies I roasted myself and the flavor was outstanding!
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Traditionally a long-simmered stew, this Mexican-inspired stew is quick and easy, thanks to canned hominy. Searing the pork loin in the pot before making the stew gives you a great base of flavors so the stew seems as if it indeed simmered all afternoon. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with warm tortillas on the side.
3 Reviews for Pork Posole
Easy recipe with lots of flavor and it's very hearty, my husband loved it. I used my own fresh, roasted Hatch chilies in the recipe and it gave it just enough heat. This will also make wonderful left overs!
Flavorful, thick, and delicious. I think this will be even better when I heat it up for lunch tomorrow. Next time I may add more pork (or try it with chicken), as well as some fresh corn to top it off. Would be great with some queso fresco sprinkled on top.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)