This dish turned out like fine restaurant fare, but it was pretty darn easy to prepare. We cooked the medallions 2 to 3 minutes on the first side, but then turned the heat down a bit and cooked them for about 4 minutes on the second side; otherwise, they would have been downright pink in the center, rather than just barely. The flavors of the dish were somewhat complex (what with the sake and miso), but the outcome was smooth and comforting.
Pork Medallions with Miso-Mushroom Sauce
There are as many varieties of sake, a rice wine, as there are of, well, wine. Try a Junmai sake in this hearty but simple sauce; the added fruitiness complements the shiitakes. Make It a Meal: Try quick-cooking barley and a glass of Sapporo beer.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)