This dish turned out like fine restaurant fare, but it was pretty darn easy to prepare. We cooked the medallions 2 to 3 minutes on the first side, but then turned the heat down a bit and cooked them for about 4 minutes on the second side; otherwise, they would have been downright pink in the center, rather than just barely. The flavors of the dish were somewhat complex (what with the sake and miso), but the outcome was smooth and comforting.
Pork Medallions with Miso-Mushroom Sauce
There are as many varieties of sake, a rice wine, as there are of, well, wine. Try a Junmai sake in this hearty but simple sauce; the added fruitiness complements the shiitakes. Make It a Meal: Try quick-cooking barley and a glass of Sapporo beer.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)