Very good! My husband who doesn't like to mix sweet/savory even enjoyed this. I believe the other ingredients balanced out the sweetness of the figs and Port. This would be an impressive dish to serve guests. I teamed it with buttered noodles and roasted brussel sprouts......delicious!
Pork Medallions with Fig & Port Wine Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2007
This dish showcases how deliciously pork complements the sweet and tart tastes of fruit.
2 Reviews for Pork Medallions with Fig & Port Wine Sauce
I've only recently become acquainted with figs and I bought several packages of fresh ones. I decided to try this recipe using fresh instead of dried. I was afraid that the liquid from the fresh would ruin the recipe, but it came out perfect! The sauce reduced nicely and my husband and I loved the result. Give this a try. Fresh, dried, it doesn't matter. This is a company worthy recipe.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)