Pork Chops with Maple-Mustard Sauce
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
As Vermonters, we think a touch of maple syrup makes anything better, and these chops are proof. Round out the meal with Wild Rice Salad, roasted delicata squash and a glass of Pinot Noir.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops, (8 ounces), trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage, or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed dried sage
- Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub all over pork.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cover with foil.
- While the pork is resting, heat vinegar in the skillet over medium-high heat. Boil, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon, about 30 seconds. Whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon mustard and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes. Add any accumulated juices from the pork to the sauce, along with sage. Serve the pork topped with the sauce.
Per serving: 254 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 472 mg sodium; 382 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (53% daily value), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrates, 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Valentine's Day
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- EatingWell Serves Two
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)