Pork Chops with Maple-Mustard Sauce
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
As Vermonters, we think a touch of maple syrup makes anything better, and these chops are proof. Round out the meal with Wild Rice Salad, roasted delicata squash and a glass of Pinot Noir.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops, (8 ounces), trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage, or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed dried sage
- Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub all over pork.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cover with foil.
- While the pork is resting, heat vinegar in the skillet over medium-high heat. Boil, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon, about 30 seconds. Whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon mustard and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes. Add any accumulated juices from the pork to the sauce, along with sage. Serve the pork topped with the sauce.
Per serving: 254 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 472 mg sodium; 382 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (53% daily value), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrates, 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Valentine's Day
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- EatingWell Serves Two