Pork Chops with Maple-Mustard Sauce
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
As Vermonters, we think a touch of maple syrup makes anything better, and these chops are proof. Round out the meal with Wild Rice Salad, roasted delicata squash and a glass of Pinot Noir.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops, (8 ounces), trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage, or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed dried sage
- Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub all over pork.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cover with foil.
- While the pork is resting, heat vinegar in the skillet over medium-high heat. Boil, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon, about 30 seconds. Whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon mustard and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes. Add any accumulated juices from the pork to the sauce, along with sage. Serve the pork topped with the sauce.
Per serving: 254 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 0 g fiber; 472 mg sodium; 382 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (53% daily value), Zinc (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrates, 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Valentine's Day
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- EatingWell Serves Two