Pork Chops with Apricot-Tomato Chutney
Roasted tomatoes have a bright taste that's perfect with apricots - which are themselves a traditional bistro pairing with pork. Altogether, here's a meal that only needs couscous and some steamed cauliflower or green beans on the side.
- 4 boneless, center-cut pork loin chops, (1-1 1/4 pounds), trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pork chops and cook until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to an 8-inch-square glass baking dish. Add tomatoes, apricots, lemon juice and crushed red pepper to the skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until the sauce thickens into chutney, 4 to 5 minutes. Pour the chutney over the pork chops.
- Bake the pork chops until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Divide the chops and chutney among 4 plates and sprinkle with thyme.
Per serving: 242 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 2 g fiber; 414 mg sodium; 441 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (55% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv), Vitamin A (20% dv).
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3.5 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique