Pork Chops with Apricot-Tomato Chutney
Roasted tomatoes have a bright taste that's perfect with apricots - which are themselves a traditional bistro pairing with pork. Altogether, here's a meal that only needs couscous and some steamed cauliflower or green beans on the side.
- 4 boneless, center-cut pork loin chops, (1-1 1/4 pounds), trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pork chops and cook until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to an 8-inch-square glass baking dish. Add tomatoes, apricots, lemon juice and crushed red pepper to the skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until the sauce thickens into chutney, 4 to 5 minutes. Pour the chutney over the pork chops.
- Bake the pork chops until just cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Divide the chops and chutney among 4 plates and sprinkle with thyme.
Per serving: 242 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 6 g mono); 65 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 2 g fiber; 414 mg sodium; 441 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (55% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv), Vitamin A (20% dv).
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 3.5 lean meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat