I'm so happy I found this recipe! I used baby portabella mushrooms, and pinot grigio, fresh parsley, oregano, rosemary, chives, sage, hyssop (don't actually know what that one is, but who cares!), basil. The fresh herbs MADE the sauce! The wine cooked down to just the right sweetness, and the mushrooms absorbed the flavors wonderfully. The pork chops cooked perfectly. It was a slam dunk for me! Check this one off as a keeper, and a 'hit' among too many cooking 'misses' recently.
Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
These seared pork chops are topped with a rich and creamy mushroom sauce that gets flavored with fresh herbs.
9 Reviews for Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
I didn't have fresh herbs, so I skipped them and it was perfect. Also, I added a couple of tablespoons of butter to the sauce, and returned the pork chops to the sauce at the end. The butter may not have been needed, but it was delicious. Might add garlic next time, but probably won't. It was fine without it.
This turned out so flavorful despite the little effort and few ingredients needed. My husband loves his sauces though so there wasn't enough for him. I'll double the sauce for him next time.
The herbs i used were parsley, sage, cilantro and watercress. I could have used more easily, but I love my greens!
This is a great recipe, my family love this meal even my 3 year old son. I didn't have any shallots, so I used green onions and add some fresh garlic for little extra taste and it was awesome. I love this recipe and I will cook again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)