Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
These seared pork chops are topped with a rich and creamy mushroom sauce that gets flavored with fresh herbs.
- 4 bone-in pork chops, 1/2-3/4 inch thick (about 2 pounds), trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 8 ounces sliced mixed mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake & oyster
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, tarragon and/or parsley
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and add 2 pork chops. Cook, turning once, until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to a plate and tent with foil. Repeat with another 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining chops.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add shallots and mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently until the mushrooms are browned, 2 to 4 minutes. Add wine and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring up any browned bits, until the liquid is mostly evaporated, 1 to 3 minutes. Stir in half-and-half and herbs; cook until bubbling, about 1 minute more. Serve the chops with the mushroom sauce.
Per serving: 359 calories; 22 g fat (6 g sat, 12 g mono); 75 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 1 g fiber; 363 mg sodium; 643 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (19% daily value), Zinc (18% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012