Pork Chops with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
These seared pork chops are topped with a rich and creamy mushroom sauce that gets flavored with fresh herbs.
- 4 bone-in pork chops, 1/2-3/4 inch thick (about 2 pounds), trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 8 ounces sliced mixed mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake & oyster
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, tarragon and/or parsley
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and add 2 pork chops. Cook, turning once, until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to a plate and tent with foil. Repeat with another 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining chops.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add shallots and mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently until the mushrooms are browned, 2 to 4 minutes. Add wine and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring up any browned bits, until the liquid is mostly evaporated, 1 to 3 minutes. Stir in half-and-half and herbs; cook until bubbling, about 1 minute more. Serve the chops with the mushroom sauce.
Per serving: 359 calories; 22 g fat (6 g sat, 12 g mono); 75 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 1 g fiber; 363 mg sodium; 643 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (19% daily value), Zinc (18% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 4 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012