This is really easy to make, and feel really fancy. However, I've made this twice and I think the brandy flavor is just a little overpowering in the sauce. Some of these reviews are suggesting white wine, perhaps I'll give this a try next time.
Pork Chops au Poivre
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
Turn your dining room into a French bistro when you dress up pepper-crusted pork chops with a rich, creamy brandy sauce. Serve with roasted sweet potato slices and green beans.
21 Reviews for Pork Chops au Poivre
would this be better with white or red wine substituted for the brandy?
Delicious and easy to prepare!
Perhaps this would have been good if I would have substituted white wine instead of brandy. Really strong brandy flavor, but the process was a lot of fun..
My wife and i both liked this quite a bit. I had to work with what I had on hand like plain nonfat yogurt, scallions and alcohol free white zinfindel. It still turned out well. Next time I will be better prepared and follow the recipe to the letter. I'm sure it will be even better.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)