Poppy Seed Dressing
From EatingWell: May/June 1996
A touch of honey sweetens this poppy seed dressing. Toss with fresh fruit and serve over spinach leaves for a refreshing start to any meal.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk buttermilk, sour cream, honey, lemon juice and poppy seeds in a small bowl until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Tip: To toast poppy seeds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 36 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 36 mg sodium; 32 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1996
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)