I cut the ingredients in half, used 4% milkfat cottage cheese (only adds 2.5g fat) and added two dates to sweeten if up. Maybe an extremely ripened banana would have helped. Yum, yum.
Pomegranate Berry Smoothie
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
This berry smoothie is made with pomegranate juice and packs lots of satisfaction from banana and cottage cheese.
2 Reviews for Pomegranate Berry Smoothie
This is a wonderfully smooth and delicious breakfast. However, if you are like me and you are likely going to eat the this smoothie as one serving instead of two, so to cut out a lot of the sugar and some calories, reduce the pomegranate juice down to 1/4 cup. You will get a thicker smoothie and still plenty of pom flavor. Also, I recommend using reduced fat cottage cheese instead of fat free because it improves the texture quite a bit. I'm convinced that the little bit of added fat helps me stay full a bit longer in the morning, too - added bonus!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)