Pollock with Crisp Herb-Parmesan Breadcrumbs
Breadcrumbs, Parmesan, oregano and thyme combine in a tasty breading for mild tasting pollock. Make it a meal: Glazed Carrots with Currants and Bulgur with Ginger & Orange are quick, appropriate side dishes.
- 1 1/4 pounds pollock, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons canola or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup unseasoned fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a rack (large enough to hold the fish in a single layer) with cooking spray and set it on top of a baking sheet.
- Place pollock in a shallow dish, pour buttermilk over and turn to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together egg white and oil in a medium bowl. Stir together breadcrumbs, cheese, oregano, thyme and salt in a shallow dish. Dip each piece of fish in the breadcrumb mixture, then in the egg-white mixture, and again in the breadcrumb mixture, coating completely.
- Set on the prepared rack and bake until lightly browned and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 311 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 158 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 1 g fiber; 507 mg sodium; 575 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (16% daily value), Calcium (18% dv), Magnesium (27% dv), Selenium (87% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation