Pollock with Crisp Herb-Parmesan Breadcrumbs
Breadcrumbs, Parmesan, oregano and thyme combine in a tasty breading for mild tasting pollock. Make it a meal: Glazed Carrots with Currants and Bulgur with Ginger & Orange are quick, appropriate side dishes.
- 1 1/4 pounds pollock, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons canola or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup unseasoned fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a rack (large enough to hold the fish in a single layer) with cooking spray and set it on top of a baking sheet.
- Place pollock in a shallow dish, pour buttermilk over and turn to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together egg white and oil in a medium bowl. Stir together breadcrumbs, cheese, oregano, thyme and salt in a shallow dish. Dip each piece of fish in the breadcrumb mixture, then in the egg-white mixture, and again in the breadcrumb mixture, coating completely.
- Set on the prepared rack and bake until lightly browned and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 311 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 158 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 1 g fiber; 507 mg sodium; 575 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (16% daily value), Calcium (18% dv), Magnesium (27% dv), Selenium (87% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less