Pollock with Crisp Herb-Parmesan Breadcrumbs
Breadcrumbs, Parmesan, oregano and thyme combine in a tasty breading for mild tasting pollock. Make it a meal: Glazed Carrots with Currants and Bulgur with Ginger & Orange are quick, appropriate side dishes.
- 1 1/4 pounds pollock, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons canola or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup unseasoned fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a rack (large enough to hold the fish in a single layer) with cooking spray and set it on top of a baking sheet.
- Place pollock in a shallow dish, pour buttermilk over and turn to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together egg white and oil in a medium bowl. Stir together breadcrumbs, cheese, oregano, thyme and salt in a shallow dish. Dip each piece of fish in the breadcrumb mixture, then in the egg-white mixture, and again in the breadcrumb mixture, coating completely.
- Set on the prepared rack and bake until lightly browned and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 311 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 158 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 1 g fiber; 507 mg sodium; 575 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (16% daily value), Calcium (18% dv), Magnesium (27% dv), Selenium (87% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient