Pollock with Crisp Herb-Parmesan Breadcrumbs
Breadcrumbs, Parmesan, oregano and thyme combine in a tasty breading for mild tasting pollock. Make it a meal: Glazed Carrots with Currants and Bulgur with Ginger & Orange are quick, appropriate side dishes.
- 1 1/4 pounds pollock, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons canola or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup unseasoned fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a rack (large enough to hold the fish in a single layer) with cooking spray and set it on top of a baking sheet.
- Place pollock in a shallow dish, pour buttermilk over and turn to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together egg white and oil in a medium bowl. Stir together breadcrumbs, cheese, oregano, thyme and salt in a shallow dish. Dip each piece of fish in the breadcrumb mixture, then in the egg-white mixture, and again in the breadcrumb mixture, coating completely.
- Set on the prepared rack and bake until lightly browned and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 311 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 158 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 1 g fiber; 507 mg sodium; 575 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (16% daily value), Calcium (18% dv), Magnesium (27% dv), Selenium (87% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood