Pollock with Crisp Herb-Parmesan Breadcrumbs
Breadcrumbs, Parmesan, oregano and thyme combine in a tasty breading for mild tasting pollock. Make it a meal: Glazed Carrots with Currants and Bulgur with Ginger & Orange are quick, appropriate side dishes.
- 1 1/4 pounds pollock, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons canola or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup unseasoned fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a rack (large enough to hold the fish in a single layer) with cooking spray and set it on top of a baking sheet.
- Place pollock in a shallow dish, pour buttermilk over and turn to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together egg white and oil in a medium bowl. Stir together breadcrumbs, cheese, oregano, thyme and salt in a shallow dish. Dip each piece of fish in the breadcrumb mixture, then in the egg-white mixture, and again in the breadcrumb mixture, coating completely.
- Set on the prepared rack and bake until lightly browned and opaque in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 311 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 158 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 34 g protein; 1 g fiber; 507 mg sodium; 575 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (16% daily value), Calcium (18% dv), Magnesium (27% dv), Selenium (87% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 3 1/2 very lean meat, 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation