From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
These croutons are so addictive, you'll be dreaming of different ways to use them. Float them in soup or serve on top of a salad.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tube polenta, cubed
- 3 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add polenta cubes and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with cheese, cover and let stand until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with pepper.
Per serving: 152 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 9 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 497 mg sodium; 0 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 high-fat meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, grain
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- EatingWell Serves Two
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)