Just made it this morning. It was great! I had to substitute the rice vinegar and sesame seeds, and I omitted the scallions. I reduced the soy sauce amount for two eggs, and it was perfect! Served over rice, you cannot go wrong. I'll try it over rice noodles next time.
Pocket Eggs with Soy-Sesame Sauce
From EatingWell: July/August 2007
In Wuhan, this is a common way of cooking eggs, which were hard to come by during the Chinese Cultural Revolution, when food was tightly rationed. Serve warm over rice or noodles.
5 Reviews for Pocket Eggs with Soy-Sesame Sauce
Way to much soy sauce even in half for two eggs best served over rice or even a deep fried rice patties like when they make sushi pizza mmm "deep fry in coconut oil :)"
Didn't have blac seasame seeds so I used regular; came out great! I had the eggs on multigrain toast with a slice of tomato and some cilantro... yum!
This recipes is one of my favorites. Never in a million years would I have thought of frying an egg crusted with sesame seeds then dousing it with soy sauce. But it totally works.
Awesome, ready in minutes as well, a great weeknight meal. The black sesame seeds are great, I'll definitely try them in other dishes now.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)