I added some lite sour cream to the guacamole mix and also made pica de gallo (chopped spinach, tomatoes, garlic, shallot, cilantro). Also cooked chicken with the same rub - I actually mixed the rub with the olive oil and then basted it on the meat during cooking, it really makes all the difference in the taste. The scallion/peppers combo got rave reviews from people that loved hot hot hot. The pica de gallo worked well for those that liked a milder taste. Also - we heated the tortilla's on the grill while cooking so we didn't have to even turn on the oven. Will definitely make again.
Poblano & Skirt Steak Fajitas
From EatingWell: June/July 2006
This variation on fajitas pairs fresh poblanos with steak and scallions. Skirt steak has fabulous flavor but tends to be chewy, so slice it thinly across the grain.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)