I made this tonight...I buy fresh, Alaskan salmon when it's in season and this recipe is wonderful! I added fresh parsley and dill to both the poaching liquid and the sauce along with lemon zest. I served this with Herbed Lemon Orzo & threw some dill in that as well. It was a great dinner!!
Poached Salmon with Creamy Piccata Sauce
Easy poached salmon is sophisticated with a creamy caper-and-lemon sauce. Make it a meal: Serve with snow peas or roasted asparagus and a whole grain like quinoa or brown rice.
17 Reviews for Poached Salmon with Creamy Piccata Sauce
To the last post, Norway is especially known for its sustainable fishery practices, so you should be able to purchase farmed salmon from here with good conscience. In fact, a lot of North-atlantic salmon these days available in major markets in the US come from Norway. My toddler (a salmon lover) eat this with fascination-the capers proved to be excellent motor skill practice.
Great recipe except I can not afford $ 15 a pound for salmon....I refuse to buy "farmed" fish as I feel it pollutes our environment...
I took the advice of some readers and added a tablespoon of cornstarch the second time. it was absolutely delicious! I am certainly making this a regular dish in my house. served over brown rice with roasted cauliflower, it was fantastic!
This was an excellent way to cook salmon and such a healthy meal. I actually added about a teaspoon of cornstarch prior to adding sour cream and lemon. I allowed the mixture to cook about 3 minutes with the corn starch and the sauce was perfect. I also added sun dried tomatoes, basil, rosemary and a little garlic and cheese (absolutely divine). bon appetite
Helen Frye, Hurricane, WV
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)