From EatingWell: October 1997
Crunchy amaretti cookies top this plum gratin.
- 1 pound ripe red or purple plums (6-8 plums), pitted and cut into eighths
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur, (optional)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup nonfat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 amaretti cookies or 2 gingersnaps, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat four 1- to 1 1/2-cup gratin dishes or a shallow 1-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss plums with sugar and amaretto, if using, in a medium bowl. Spread evenly in prepared dish(es). Bake, uncovered, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolk, yogurt, condensed milk and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator until needed.
- Shortly before serving, preheat broiler. Spoon the yogurt mixture over plums. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until golden and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Serve hot or warm.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The plums (though Step 2) will keep, loosely covered, at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
Per serving: 216 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 55 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 3 g fiber; 64 mg sodium; 430 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- October 1997