Plank-Grilled Salmon with Creamy Tarragon Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
Grilling salmon on a cedar plank imparts a deliciously smoky flavor to the fish. The tarragon cream sauce uses low-in-saturated-fat Greek-style yogurt. Look for cedar planks with other grilling supplies in supermarkets or hardware stores.
- 1 1/4 pounds wild Alaskan salmon fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt, divided
- 1/4 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- Soak a cedar grilling plank in water for 2 to 4 hours.
- About 20 minutes before you’re ready to grill, preheat grill to medium. Season salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and let stand while the grill preheats.
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt with 1 tablespoon oil, orange juice, tarragon and the remaining pinch of salt in a medium bowl. Whisk vigorously until all the oil has been incorporated into the yogurt.
- When ready to grill, brush the salmon with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place the soaked cedar plank directly over the fire for about 1 minute. Using tongs, turn the plank over to expose the slightly charred side. Place the salmon fillet skin-side down on the plank. Cover the grill and cook until the salmon is easily flaked with a fork, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the entire plank from the grill and serve from it or transfer the salmon to a serving platter. Serve the salmon with the sauce.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the sauce (Step 3) for up to 1 day. Equipment: Cedar grilling plank
Per serving: 242 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 7 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 30 g protein; 0 g fiber; 402 mg sodium; 537 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium (15% daily value), omega-3s
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2012