Pizza with White Bean Puree & Fresh Tomatoes
A fragrant white bean puree and fresh tomato slices top this crisp pizza.
- Cornmeal for dusting baking sheets
- 1 pound Quick Pizza Dough, (recipe follows)
- 1 cup White Bean Puree, (recipe follows)
- 6 vine-ripened plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Set oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 500°F or the highest setting. Sprinkle 2 large baking sheets with cornmeal.
- Divide pizza dough in half. Roll out one half of the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan. Pierce the dough several times with a fork to prevent air bubbles from forming. Prebake the crust until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- Spread the crust with half of the white bean puree. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan over the puree. Arrange half of the tomato slices evenly over the pizza; sprinkle with half of the scallions, another 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- Lightly mist with olive oil cooking spray. Bake the pizza until the bottom and edges of crust are browned, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining toppings on second crust. Slice and serve.
Per serving: 248 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 6 g fiber; 533 mg sodium; 239 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (21% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique