Pizza with White Bean Puree & Fresh Tomatoes
A fragrant white bean puree and fresh tomato slices top this crisp pizza.
- Cornmeal for dusting baking sheets
- 1 pound Quick Pizza Dough, (recipe follows)
- 1 cup White Bean Puree, (recipe follows)
- 6 vine-ripened plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Set oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 500°F or the highest setting. Sprinkle 2 large baking sheets with cornmeal.
- Divide pizza dough in half. Roll out one half of the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan. Pierce the dough several times with a fork to prevent air bubbles from forming. Prebake the crust until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- Spread the crust with half of the white bean puree. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan over the puree. Arrange half of the tomato slices evenly over the pizza; sprinkle with half of the scallions, another 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- Lightly mist with olive oil cooking spray. Bake the pizza until the bottom and edges of crust are browned, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining toppings on second crust. Slice and serve.
Per serving: 248 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 6 g fiber; 533 mg sodium; 239 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (21% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique