Pizza with White Bean Puree & Fresh Tomatoes
A fragrant white bean puree and fresh tomato slices top this crisp pizza.
- Cornmeal for dusting baking sheets
- 1 pound Quick Pizza Dough, (recipe follows)
- 1 cup White Bean Puree, (recipe follows)
- 6 vine-ripened plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Set oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 500°F or the highest setting. Sprinkle 2 large baking sheets with cornmeal.
- Divide pizza dough in half. Roll out one half of the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan. Pierce the dough several times with a fork to prevent air bubbles from forming. Prebake the crust until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- Spread the crust with half of the white bean puree. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan over the puree. Arrange half of the tomato slices evenly over the pizza; sprinkle with half of the scallions, another 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- Lightly mist with olive oil cooking spray. Bake the pizza until the bottom and edges of crust are browned, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining toppings on second crust. Slice and serve.
Per serving: 248 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 6 g fiber; 533 mg sodium; 239 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (21% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less