Pizza with White Bean Puree & Fresh Tomatoes
A fragrant white bean puree and fresh tomato slices top this crisp pizza.
- Cornmeal for dusting baking sheets
- 1 pound Quick Pizza Dough, (recipe follows)
- 1 cup White Bean Puree, (recipe follows)
- 6 vine-ripened plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Set oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 500°F or the highest setting. Sprinkle 2 large baking sheets with cornmeal.
- Divide pizza dough in half. Roll out one half of the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan. Pierce the dough several times with a fork to prevent air bubbles from forming. Prebake the crust until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- Spread the crust with half of the white bean puree. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan over the puree. Arrange half of the tomato slices evenly over the pizza; sprinkle with half of the scallions, another 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- Lightly mist with olive oil cooking spray. Bake the pizza until the bottom and edges of crust are browned, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining toppings on second crust. Slice and serve.
Per serving: 248 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 6 g fiber; 533 mg sodium; 239 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (21% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique