Pizza with White Bean Puree & Fresh Tomatoes
A fragrant white bean puree and fresh tomato slices top this crisp pizza.
- Cornmeal for dusting baking sheets
- 1 pound Quick Pizza Dough, (recipe follows)
- 1 cup White Bean Puree, (recipe follows)
- 6 vine-ripened plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Set oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 500°F or the highest setting. Sprinkle 2 large baking sheets with cornmeal.
- Divide pizza dough in half. Roll out one half of the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan. Pierce the dough several times with a fork to prevent air bubbles from forming. Prebake the crust until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- Spread the crust with half of the white bean puree. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan over the puree. Arrange half of the tomato slices evenly over the pizza; sprinkle with half of the scallions, another 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- Lightly mist with olive oil cooking spray. Bake the pizza until the bottom and edges of crust are browned, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining toppings on second crust. Slice and serve.
Per serving: 248 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 6 g fiber; 533 mg sodium; 239 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (21% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique