Pizza Roll-Up Bento Lunch
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
This easy pizza-inspired roll-up is a kid-pleaser. Make crunchy vegetables more appealing by selecting colorful varieties like orange and purple cauliflower—and don't forget the dip! Keep 'em smiling with watermelon cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters.
- 1 8-inch whole-wheat flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons prepared pizza sauce
- 12 leaves baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup cucumber spears
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons low-fat creamy dressing, such as ranch
- 1 cup small watermelon pieces
- 6 chocolate wafer cookies
- Place tortilla on a plate and spread pizza sauce over it. Top with an even layer of spinach and sprinkle cheese on top. Microwave on High until the cheese is just melted, about 45 seconds. Carefully roll the tortilla up. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into pieces, if desired. Pack the slices in a medium container.
- Pack cucumber and cauliflower in another medium container. Nestle a small, dip-size container among the vegetables and add dressing.
- Pack watermelon in one small container and cookies in another small container.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the pizza roll-up for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 419 calories; 11 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 65 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 6 g fiber; 679 mg sodium; 415 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (60% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv), Calcium (21% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 carbohydrate (other), 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2009