Pizza Roll-Up Bento Lunch
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
This easy pizza-inspired roll-up is a kid-pleaser. Make crunchy vegetables more appealing by selecting colorful varieties like orange and purple cauliflower—and don't forget the dip! Keep 'em smiling with watermelon cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters.
- 1 8-inch whole-wheat flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons prepared pizza sauce
- 12 leaves baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup cucumber spears
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons low-fat creamy dressing, such as ranch
- 1 cup small watermelon pieces
- 6 chocolate wafer cookies
- Place tortilla on a plate and spread pizza sauce over it. Top with an even layer of spinach and sprinkle cheese on top. Microwave on High until the cheese is just melted, about 45 seconds. Carefully roll the tortilla up. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into pieces, if desired. Pack the slices in a medium container.
- Pack cucumber and cauliflower in another medium container. Nestle a small, dip-size container among the vegetables and add dressing.
- Pack watermelon in one small container and cookies in another small container.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the pizza roll-up for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 419 calories; 11 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 65 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 6 g fiber; 679 mg sodium; 415 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (60% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv), Calcium (21% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 carbohydrate (other), 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- March/April 2009
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)