Pizza Roll-Up Bento Lunch
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
This easy pizza-inspired roll-up is a kid-pleaser. Make crunchy vegetables more appealing by selecting colorful varieties like orange and purple cauliflower—and don't forget the dip! Keep 'em smiling with watermelon cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters.
- 1 8-inch whole-wheat flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons prepared pizza sauce
- 12 leaves baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup cucumber spears
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons low-fat creamy dressing, such as ranch
- 1 cup small watermelon pieces
- 6 chocolate wafer cookies
- Place tortilla on a plate and spread pizza sauce over it. Top with an even layer of spinach and sprinkle cheese on top. Microwave on High until the cheese is just melted, about 45 seconds. Carefully roll the tortilla up. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into pieces, if desired. Pack the slices in a medium container.
- Pack cucumber and cauliflower in another medium container. Nestle a small, dip-size container among the vegetables and add dressing.
- Pack watermelon in one small container and cookies in another small container.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the pizza roll-up for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 419 calories; 11 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 65 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 6 g fiber; 679 mg sodium; 415 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (60% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv), Calcium (21% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 carbohydrate (other), 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- March/April 2009