Pizza Roll-Up Bento Lunch
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
This easy pizza-inspired roll-up is a kid-pleaser. Make crunchy vegetables more appealing by selecting colorful varieties like orange and purple cauliflower—and don't forget the dip! Keep 'em smiling with watermelon cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters.
- 1 8-inch whole-wheat flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons prepared pizza sauce
- 12 leaves baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup cucumber spears
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons low-fat creamy dressing, such as ranch
- 1 cup small watermelon pieces
- 6 chocolate wafer cookies
- Place tortilla on a plate and spread pizza sauce over it. Top with an even layer of spinach and sprinkle cheese on top. Microwave on High until the cheese is just melted, about 45 seconds. Carefully roll the tortilla up. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into pieces, if desired. Pack the slices in a medium container.
- Pack cucumber and cauliflower in another medium container. Nestle a small, dip-size container among the vegetables and add dressing.
- Pack watermelon in one small container and cookies in another small container.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the pizza roll-up for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 419 calories; 11 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 14 mg cholesterol; 65 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 6 g fiber; 679 mg sodium; 415 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (60% daily value), Vitamin A (25% dv), Calcium (21% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 carbohydrate (other), 1 medium-fat meat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2009