Pizza Dough Prestissimo
From EatingWell: September/October 1995
Use this quick dough for one large pizza or four calzones.
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 package quick-rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a food processor and pulse to mix.
- Heat water and oil in a small saucepan or the microwave to between 125 and 130°F. With the processor on, gradually pour the hot liquid through the feed tube. Process until the dough forms a ball. Then process for 1 minute to knead. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes. Whole-Wheat Variation: Substitute 1 1/2 cups all-purpose white flour and 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour for the flour in the above recipe. Proceed in the same manner.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dough can be made ahead, enclosed in a plastic bag and stored in the refrigerator overnight. Bring to room temperature before using.
Per serving: 113 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 292 mg sodium; 49 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Diabetes appropriate
- September/October 1995