Pizza Dough Prestissimo
From EatingWell: September/October 1995
Use this quick dough for one large pizza or four calzones.
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 package quick-rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a food processor and pulse to mix.
- Heat water and oil in a small saucepan or the microwave to between 125 and 130°F. With the processor on, gradually pour the hot liquid through the feed tube. Process until the dough forms a ball. Then process for 1 minute to knead. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes. Whole-Wheat Variation: Substitute 1 1/2 cups all-purpose white flour and 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour for the flour in the above recipe. Proceed in the same manner.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dough can be made ahead, enclosed in a plastic bag and stored in the refrigerator overnight. Bring to room temperature before using.
Per serving: 113 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 292 mg sodium; 49 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- 8 or more
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Diabetes appropriate
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- September/October 1995