Pizza Dough Prestissimo
From EatingWell: September/October 1995
Use this quick dough for one large pizza or four calzones.
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 package quick-rising yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a food processor and pulse to mix.
- Heat water and oil in a small saucepan or the microwave to between 125 and 130°F. With the processor on, gradually pour the hot liquid through the feed tube. Process until the dough forms a ball. Then process for 1 minute to knead. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes. Whole-Wheat Variation: Substitute 1 1/2 cups all-purpose white flour and 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour for the flour in the above recipe. Proceed in the same manner.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The dough can be made ahead, enclosed in a plastic bag and stored in the refrigerator overnight. Bring to room temperature before using.
Per serving: 113 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 292 mg sodium; 49 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Diabetes appropriate
- September/October 1995