Pistachios and a touch of cardamom unite here in an addictive cookie.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped skinned pistachios, rinsed if salted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white
- Pinch of ground cardamom, or ginger
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat it with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add pistachios and stir until the butter is lightly browned and the nuts are toasted, about 1 minute. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Whisk in sugar. Add flour, egg white and cardamom (or ginger) and whisk until smooth.
- Drop the batter by heaping teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. With a spatula, immediately transfer the cookies to a rack to cool. (If the cookies begin to stick before all are removed, briefly return the pan to the oven.)
Per cookie: 41 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 5 mg sodium; 21 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique