We just tried this marinade with steaks, let them sit in it for 24 hours. We substituted the red wine vinegar with 1/2 cup of Sailor Jerry rum, and added a bit of balsamic vinegar. It was amazing!
From EatingWell: May/June 2007
This big, bold marinade recipe was adapted from a local Vermont restaurant and caterer. We make it in huge batches and freeze the extras so we always have it on hand. Use on: Extra-firm tofu, salmon, chicken, duck, pork, beef, lamb (see Tip)
7 Reviews for Pirate Marinade
First off - I love the name of this recipe. Although everyone I mentioned it to was wondering if it had rum in it. I was very excited when I saw this - I love all the ingredients in other dishes but was curious as to how they'd work in this. No worries needed! This is OUTSTANDING! I made it this morning and then marinated some chicken legs, thighs and breasts in it. I didn't change anything... it was FANTASTIC and will be my go to marinade from here on out. Simply Awesome!
This recipe was amazing. I just made it for my wife, and we both absolutely loved it. We didn't have ground cloves, but it didn't taste like it was missing anything.
My husband and I LOVE this recipe. We marinate chicken in it and throw it on the grill. It rocks!! We also love your magazine, its AWESOME!
This was a very surprising and tasty marinade! I also used this with chicken breast on the grill, but I am looking forward to doing kabobs, with green, red, and yellow bell pepers. I love the way the pepers really soak up the marinade flavor, and this marinade is one I wouldn't mind tasting a lot more! It gets all the stars at my house. :)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)