Didn't change a thing! Lots of flavor and so easy. Will be making this recipe again and again!!
Pink Salmon Cakes with Cilantro Pesto
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
Canned wild salmon is the base for these fast, delicious salmon cakes. Serve them over mixed greens or with sauteed bell peppers and a piece of toasty focaccia.
5 Reviews for Pink Salmon Cakes with Cilantro Pesto
I tried this recipe and followed it to the letter and it was very good. I may try Greek plain yogurt instead of mayo next time as another commenter suggested. The pesto was very good. We have plenty of cilantro in our garden so I had to give this a try. I could probably use walnuts as someone suggested or pine nuts if I didn't have the almonds on hand for the pesto. This recipe can easily be doubled to make good use of all the pesto. I'll definitely make this again.
Oh my gosh! This recipe is delicious. I made it exactly according to the recipe, but used regular bread crumbs because I couldn't find whole wheat ones in the store. I served it over sauted red & yellow peppers. It was FANTASTIC! Will make it again. Felt like we were eating in a swank restaurant! Thanks Eatingwell.com!
I made this recipe last night for my husband, who loves salmon cakes. I've made another recipe before from fresh salmon, but it took forever and they weren't that good. These took me longer than 35 mins, but they were really easy and delicious! I was skeptical of the cilantro pesto, but it was delicious! I highly recommend this recipe.
* I added sauteed, finely chopped onions to the cakes. I add onion to pretty much everything and it added a nice crunch to the cakes.
* I added salt and pepper to the cakes to our taste.
* I doubled the recipe which was good, so we got lunch out of it too. Made 11 good sized cakes.
* I used walnuts instead of almonds for the pesto (it was delicious!) I also added lime juice as I felt it needed the acid. And I used a ton of garlic. I think I also had to add water as mine was too thick, but I didn't really measure my ingredients.
* I did not need egg to bind the cakes, they were fine with just the mayo.
We will definitely be making these again!
We loved this one. The pesto sauce was perfect with salmon patties. Who would have thought? I used non fat Greek yogurt in place of mayo, added an egg to help keep it all together and cooked them in olive oil instead of butter. It worked!