Pineapple Salsa Soup
From EatingWell: July/August 1993
This colorful sweet-tangy soup is full of fresh pineapple, bell pepper and cucumber.
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- Combine pineapple, cucumber, scallions and jalapeño in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add bell pepper and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, sugar and salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 76 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 28 mg sodium; 263 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (125% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- July/August 1993