Pineapple Salsa Soup
From EatingWell: July/August 1993
This colorful sweet-tangy soup is full of fresh pineapple, bell pepper and cucumber.
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- Combine pineapple, cucumber, scallions and jalapeño in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add bell pepper and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, sugar and salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 76 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 28 mg sodium; 263 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (125% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- July/August 1993