Pineapple Salsa Soup
From EatingWell: July/August 1993
This colorful sweet-tangy soup is full of fresh pineapple, bell pepper and cucumber.
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- Combine pineapple, cucumber, scallions and jalapeño in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add bell pepper and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, sugar and salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 76 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 28 mg sodium; 263 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (125% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- July/August 1993