Pineapple Salsa Soup
From EatingWell: July/August 1993
This colorful sweet-tangy soup is full of fresh pineapple, bell pepper and cucumber.
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- Combine pineapple, cucumber, scallions and jalapeño in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add bell pepper and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, sugar and salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 76 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 28 mg sodium; 263 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (125% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
Making a satisfying, low-calorie dinner is easy with our one-...
It’s easy to make a healthy dinner recipe without dirtying...
Grab a box of your favorite whole-wheat linguine or penne...
Good news for people who eat breakfast—they tend to weigh...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
Cutlets—typically a thin slice of meat cut from the rib...
Whether you’re watching your finances or just trying to put a...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
There is no room for a roast that's anything less than...
Chocolate is such a rich and indulgent treat it almost seems...
Creamy blue cheese isn’t just for salads and dressing anymore...
Chopped, layered, pulsed or stirred, these easy dips are...
Ginger pairs well with soy sauce, chile peppers and garlic,...
Our healthy pumpkin dessert recipes are lighter twists on the...
A popular meat around the globe, lamb is raised and consumed...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- July/August 1993