Pineapple Salsa Soup
From EatingWell: July/August 1993
This colorful sweet-tangy soup is full of fresh pineapple, bell pepper and cucumber.
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- Combine pineapple, cucumber, scallions and jalapeño in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add bell pepper and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, sugar and salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Per serving: 76 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 19 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 28 mg sodium; 263 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (125% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 fruit
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- July/August 1993